It’s fruity, it’s sour, it’s the beer of the hour.
Wilmington Brew Works‘ milkshake sour — Luau Punch — won the fan-favorite/best overall beer recognition at the 302 Beer Drinkers Choice Awards.
The brewery describes Luau Punch like this: “Surf’s Up! Travel to the Hawaiian Islands, or just back to your childhood, with this nostalgic flavor. The only thing that’s missing is heaps of Red Dye #5! Fermented with Tropical Fruits amongst the ambiance of our own Brewhouse Luau.”
This is the second time Luau Punch has been declared Delaware’s Best Beer at the Choice Awards, which is hosted by Crooked Hammock Brewery.
Every brewery in the state was invited to compete in the event, which organizers said is known for its “sudsy silliness and refined debauchery.”
Guests were able to vote online and democratically pick winners; of the people, by the people, for the people in the never-ending quest to crown “Delaware’s Best Beer.”
- Best Judge Costume
- She Doesn’t Even Drink Beer (Inspired by Mean Girls)
- Best Brewery Costume
- Mispillion River/Ghostbusters
- Best Brewery Booth
- First State Brewing/Mad Scientists
- Most Unique Beer
- Ranch Water – Autumn Arch Beer Project (a blonde ale inspired by a popular tequila, lime, and soda concoction)
- Fan Favorite/Best Overall
- Wilmington Brew Works- Luau Punch (successfully defended their title after winning at the last Beer Drinkers Choice Awards event)
Share this Post