As the I-95 Restore the Corridor project in Wilmington transitions to its second phase, DelDOT officials have announced upcoming changes to traffic patterns.
Phase two construction will require closures of I-95 Southbound in Wilmington throughout the month of December, including:
- Monday, December 13 through Thursday, December 16, 2021: Overnight Closures (9 PM to 5 AM) of I-95 Southbound from Exit 7 Delaware Avenue/SR 52 to I-295 split and the I-95 SB on-ramp from N. Jackson St.
- Friday, December 17, 2021 through Saturday, December 18, 2021: Overnight Closure (9PM to 9AM) of I-95 Southbound from the PA Line to I-295 Split.
- Friday, December 17, 2021: Ramp Closure (9 PM), Exit 6: I-95 SB off-ramp to MLK Boulevard/4th St. This ramp will remain closed for the first portion of Phase 2 construction.
- Friday, December 17, 2021: Ramp Closure (9 PM), N. Jackson St. on-ramp to I-95 Southbound. This ramp will remain closed until Phase 2 construction is completed.
- Saturday, December 18, 2021: Ramp Closure (9 AM to 10 PM), Exit 7B, Delaware Ave./SR 52 North.
- Monday, December 13 through Thursday, December 16, 2021: (I-95 SB Overnight Closures): Motorists will take Exit 7B Delaware Ave. to Jackson Street, left onto MLK Boulevard, right onto US 13 Southbound, to I-495 Southbound.
- Friday, December 17 to Saturday, December 18, 2021: (I-95 SB Overnight Closure): Motorists will be directed to I-495 Southbound at the PA Line. Local traffic entering I-95 Southbound from Naamans Road, Harvey Road or Marsh Road will be directed to Exit 8, US 202 Northbound to SR 141 SB to I-95 SB.
- Saturday, December 18, 2021: (Exit 7B Daytime Closure): Motorists will be directed to Exit 7A, Delaware Ave./SR 52 South, left onto Adams Street, left onto Delaware Ave.
For additional information for the I-95 Corridor Project, visit restorethecorridor.com.
Charlie Megginson covers government and politics for Town Square LIVE News. Reach him at (302) 344-8293 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @cmegginson4.
Share this Post