Six blocks of Market Street in downtown Wilmington will be closed off to vehicles on Saturday for four hours of healthy fun and community building.
The first Open Streets Wilmington, 2-6 p.m. on Market from Fourth to 10th streets, follows a community cleanup earlier that day.
About 40 groups have registered for Wilmington’s Community Cleanup Day to improve neighborhoods and public spaces by collecting trash, planting flowers, updating landscaping, starting a community garden or otherwise beautifying the city.
Open Streets emphasizes healthy activities, like walking and biking. Highlights:Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 11)
• Outdoor fitness classes and children’s activities by the YMCA, Club Pilates and CoreTen Fitness.
• Free bicycle repairs by Urban Bike Project.
• Cooking demos and giveaways of recipe cards and ingredient kits by the Food Bank of Delaware.
• First and send doses of the Pfizer COVID vaccine and COVID PCR testing by CarePortMD.
• Wilmington history by Delaware Historical Society.
• Hands-on science by Wilmington Urban STEM Initiative.
• Cornhole by Delaware Air National Guard.
• Fight Hate with Gloves & Fine Black Art.
• Colors of Love project by LeCocq Design.
• Busking by the Grand.
• Voter registration by League of Women Voters.
• St. Francis Healthcare, Public Allies and Great Oaks Charter will have information tables, and LaFate Gallery will sell folk art
Open Streets Wilmington is an initiative of Urban Bike Project, West Side Grows Together and the Open Streets Steering Committee, a coalition of community representatives. Itis presented by HighMark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware.
Share this Post