Longwood Gardens will host six themed Fireworks & Fountains Shows this year, on Saturdays and Sundays from just before the Fourth of July and through October.
A basic adult ticket is $45, and there are discounts for children and members. For those tickets, you have to bring your own chair. A ticket with a chair from Longwood is $53, with discounts for members. Blankets are not permitted.
Admission is by advance sale only, with tickets for the first two events going on sale on June 1 at longwoodgardens.org. Tickets for the other events go on sale several weeks before each one. The tickets include all-day admission to the gardens.
Fireworks are being confirmed elsewhere: June 12 in New Castle and July 3 in Rehoboth Beach.
Here’s the schedule at Longwood:Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 11)
• “Spirit of America,” 9:15 p.m. July 3. “Selections inspired by the spirit of the country felt in the 1700s to World War II to the civil rights movement to recent day.”
• “Proud,” 9:15 p.m. July 17. Music by women “and their messages of strength and empowerment.”
• “Sleeping Beauty,” 9:15 p.m. Aug. 7. The Tchaikovsky classic.
• “It’s Always Sunny at Longwood Gardens,” 8:15 p.m. Sept. 5. Weather-inspired show.
• “Hip Hop Mixtape,” 8:15 p.m. Sept. 25.
• “Start Me Up,” 8:15 p.m. Oct. 23. With Rolling Stones music.Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 11)
For other visitors on show days, the gardens will close at 6 p.m., and these areas will be closed all day: Oak and Conifer Knoll, Eye of Water, Chimes Tower and Hillside Garden.
“Per Pennsylvania’s May 31 lifting of pandemic restrictions, Fireworks & Fountains Shows will be at full capacity and social distancing will not be in place,” Longwood said. “Unless you are fully vaccinated, face masks are required (ages 2 and older)” unless you are outside and at least six feet away from others.
Share this Post