Beer lovers and liquor connoisseurs have a lot to look forward to in 2023.
Dogfish Head this week announced its beverage release calendar for next year, featuring a lineup of beers, canned cocktails and full-proof spirits and liqueurs.
The lineup includes more than a dozen new products and packages, all of which Dogfish fans can expect to see on shelves next year.
For those interested in trying Dogfish Head’s newest Ancient Ale release, Tree Thieves, the company will host a panel conversation and ale debut Dec. 16 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at its Milton brewery.
Off-Centered Art Series ales
Dogfish Head’s annual Off-Centered Art Series is a collection of four beers featuring label artwork from different artists each year.
Next year’s Off-Centered Art Series beers will boast designs by New York City-based artist, Natalya Balnova.
“Best known for magical and mystical illustrations, Natalya works as an illustrator, designer and printmaker, and often self-publishes her own silkscreened books, posters and apparel,” Dogfish said in the release announcement.
For the first time, the Off-Centered Art Series ales will be released in six-packs of 12-ounce cans, which Dogfish says will provide fans with a whole new drinking experience.
Balnova’s whimsical graphics will adorn the cans of the following beers, which will drop throughout 2023:
- NEW – Nordic Spring (6.5% ABV): A super citrusy hazy IPA brewed with Norwegian Kveik yeast, wild juniper berries and orange peel. Hitting shelves nationwide NOW!
- Mandarin & Mango Crush (6.0% ABV): A summer-centric beer brewed with pureed mandarin orange and mango for light and crush-able flavors of bright orange, tangerine and mango.
- Punkin Ale (7.0% ABV): A fall-favorite, full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin meat, brown sugar and spices.
- Crimson Cru (7.1% ABV): A full-bodied sweet and sour red ale with notes of red fruit, citrus, caramel and toffee brewed in collaboration with Belgium’s Rodenbach Brewery.
Every day, year-round beers
Dogfish Head’s list of year-round beers includes not only its continually hopped classics, 60 Minute IPA and 90 Minute IPA, but also a handful of “sessionable sippers,” including SeaQuench Ale, Slightly Mighty and Blue Hen Pilsner — and a brand-new beer-cocktail hybrid, Citrus Squall.
- NEW – Citrus Squall (8.0% ABV): The perfect storm of a double golden ale and a paloma cocktail brewed with blue agave nectar, lime peels and grapefruit juice.
- 60 Minute IPA (6.0% ABV): A continually hopped, east coast IPA brewed with a slew of intense Northwest hops to deliver a pungently, citrusy, grassy hop flavor without being crushingly bitter.
- 90 Minute Imperial IPA (9.0% ABV): One of the first continually hopped beers whose powerful malt backbone supports its extreme hopping rate for rich pine and fruity citrus hop aromas, and a pungent, not crushing, hop flavor.
- SeaQuench Ale (4.9% ABV): A session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose and a tart Beliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt.
- Slightly Mighty (4.0% ABV): A lo-cal IPA that is slight in calories and carbs with mighty hop character and has just 95 calories, 3.6g carbs, 1g protein and 0g fat per 12oz can.
- Blue Hen Pilsner (4.8% ABV): Crisp and refreshing pilsner is brewed with only four ingredients: water, yeast, earthy Saaz hops, and Delaware-grown and malted barley. *Available in select East Coast markets only *
Occasional & limited-release beers & variety packs
Made up of beers clocking in at 15.0% ABV or higher, Dogfish Head’s Caution Cap series is marked by distinct neon yellow and black bottle caps, each adorned with a “caution” exclamation mark “…er, shark.” The eye-catching indication denotes a beer that is a perfect candidate for laying down to age.
- NEW Utopias Barrel-Aged 120 Minute IPA (15-20% ABV): An unfiltered and abundantly hoppy Imperial IPA that is continuously hopped with a copious amount of high-alpha American hops throughout the boil and whirlpool, and then dry-hopped with a boatload of hops. For additional complexity and flavor, this version of Dogfish Head’s cult-classic 120 Minute IPA was aged in freshly emptied Samuel Adams Utopias barrels.
- World Wide Stout (15-20% ABV): A highly sought-after imperial stout brewed with a ridiculous amount of barley for a boisterous beer that is dark, rich and roasty.
Beer lovers along the East Coast will also see a selection of limited-edition four-pack 16-ounce can releases, including a new collaboration with Record Store Day, a Dogfish Head brewpub exclusive turned regional beer launch and a highly requested off-centered ale returning from the brewery’s archive of “legacy beers.”
- NEW – Catchy Chorus (9.0% ABV): A hazy double dry-hopped double IPA brewed in collaboration with Record Store Day that doubles down on four harmonious hop varieties to deliver a taste bud tantalizing sensory song.
- BoDeGose (5.0% ABV): A session sour brewed in collaboration with New York’s TALEA Beer Co. using a medley of ingredients – cherry, pink peppercorn and exotic guava – found among Brooklyn’s many bodegas.
- Pennsylvania Tuxedo (8.5% ABV): A spruce-infused pale ale brewed with real spruce tips for an easy-drinking concoction with a grassy citrus kick and resinous conifer notes.
Dogfish Head will also debut four unique variety 12-ounce can 12-packs, each with four distinct brews, including at least one new or variety pack exclusive beer.
- Continually Hopped Variety Pack: A variety 12pk/12oz cans featuring four continually hopped beers, including 60 Minute IPA and 90 Minute IPA alongside two variety pack exclusive beers, Dogfish Head Un’Ora, a continually hopped Italian pilsner, and a continually hopped version of the brewery’s original pale ale, Shelter Pale Ale. This pack is available nationwide now.
- Spring Variety Pack: A warm weather-centric variety 12pk/12oz cans containing 60 Minute IPA, SeaQuench Ale, Blue Hen Pilsner and the brewery’s new Citrus Squall.
- Fall & Winter Variety Packs: Details will be released soon.
Harnessing 20+ years of distilling experience, Dogfish Head’s spirits-based, ready-to-drink Canned Cocktails feature two full-proof shots of the brand’s house-made spirits combined with real culinary ingredients for a bar-quality taste. In 2023, Dogfish Head will add three new recipes to its portfolio, bringing its lineup of Canned Cocktails to seven uniquely tasty tipples.
- NEW – Grapefruit & Pomegranate Vodka Crush (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over grapefruit and pomegranates for a zippy and refreshing libation bursting with juicy flavor.
- Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over real blood oranges and mangos and blended with “crushed” orange and mango juices, and a hint of citrus for a light, refreshing and juicy fruit flavor.
- Lemon & Lime Gin Crush (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling’s bright and citrusy gin blended with freshly “crushed” lemon and lime juices, and a touch of basil for a deliciously citrusy and herbaceous, palate-cleansing concoction.
- Strawberry & Honeyberry Vodka Lemonade (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over honeyberries, macerated with strawberries and blended with lemonade resulting in the well-balanced tartness of fresh-squeezed lemon combined with a sweet berry taste.
- Blueberry Shrub Vodka Soda (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over blueberries, macerated with lightly sweetened balsamic and red wine vinegar, and blended with soda water for a deep, burgundy-colored drink that is subtly sweet from the blueberries, with a slightly sour and complex fruity character from the vinegar.
- REFRESHED – Bar Cart Variety Pack: A variety 8pk/12oz cans featuring four of Dogfish Head’s Canned Cocktail recipes – Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush, Blueberry Shrub Vodka Soda, Strawberry & Honeyberry Vodka Lemonade and a new variety pack exclusive, Cranberry & Apple Vodka Mule.
- NEW – Crush Canned Cocktail Variety Pack: An all-new variety 8pk/12oz cans containing four different Crush Canned Cocktail recipes, including Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush and Lemon & Lime Gin Crush alongside the new Grapefruit & Pomegranate Vodka Crush and a variety pack exclusive creation, Pineapple & Orange Rum Crush.
Full-proof spirits & liqueurs
For drinkers seeking something more exclusive in nature, Dogfish Head has a lineup of award-winning full-proof spirits, liqueurs and bottled cocktails, available in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Washington state, Hawaii and Indiana.
- NEW – Alternate Takes 4 Whiskey (45% ABV): Limited-edition spirit featuring Dogfish Head’s American single malt whiskey finished in Samuel Adams Utopias barrels and Oloroso Sherry barrels.
- Let’s Get Lost Whiskey (51% ABV): Dogfish Head’s award-winning American single malt whiskey distilled from a custom blend of malted barley and aged for more than three years in charred oak barrels.
- Hull & Helm Whiskey (40% ABV): A delicately aged and reliably smooth American whiskey built on a custom blend of malted barley and aged in lightly charred oak barrels for a medium body and notes of butterscotch, cedar, walnut and raspberries.
- Compelling Gin (44% ABV): A bright and citrusy gin distilled with juniper, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorn and a mix of orange, lemon and lime peels.
- Analog Vodka (40% ABV): An authentic and lusciously smooth vodka with expected flavor from its base of malted barley, milled, fermented and distilled in-house.
- Barrel Honey Rum (40% ABV): A complex and incredibly smooth distilled with sugar cane molasses and honey, and aged in American oak casks.
- Sonic Archeology (25% ABV): A Prohibition-inspired, ready-to-pour cocktail featuring Dogfish Head’s whiskey, rum and apple brandy mixed with honey, lemon and pomegranate juices.
- Punkin Liqueur (30% ABV): A fall-centric spirit distilled from Dogfish Head’s Punkin Ale and aged in Dogfish Head rum barrels.
Ancient Ales chat and Tree Thieves beer release
Dogfish lovers are invited to an Ancient Ales Chat and Tree Thieves beer release event Dec. 16 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at its Milton brewery.
Dogfish Head founder and brewer Sam Calagione, molecular archeologist Dr. Pat McGovern, Dogfish Head brewmasters Mark Safarik and Bryan Selders, and Boston Beer Company yeast expert, Urs Wellhoener, will sit down to discuss all things Ancient Ales.
At the same event, Dogfish will release its latest Ancient Ale, Tree Thieves.
Tree Thieves is a modern take on an ancient Celtic gruit-style beer, a fermented beverage that, based on archeological evidence, the ancient Celts crafted in southwest Germany as early as the 6th millennium B.C.
For more information about the event and to purchase tickets, click here.
Share this Post