Democratic Gov. John Carney will sign multiple gun control bills Thursday.
The gun bills will ban the sale of assault weapons, raise the age from 18 to 21 to purchase most firearms, return background checks to state control, ban high-capacity magazines, open up the potential for lawsuits against gun manufacturers and dealers for gun violence, and ban the use of devices that convert handguns into fully automatic weapons.
Carney will sign the bills at 1:15 p.m. in his office at Legislative Hall.
He will be joined by:
- Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester
- Lt. Governor Bethany Hall-Long
- Attorney General Kathy Jennings
- Nathaniel McQueen, Secretary, Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Traci Murphy, Executive Director, Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence
- Mallory Nugent, Regional Director of State Affairs, Everytown
- Jasmine Minhas, Movement Organizer, March for Our Lives
- Members of the General Assembly
Share this Post