The city of Wilmington offers testing for COVID-19 this week starting Wednesday.
The state has announced that anyone who is tested at Walgreen’s now has the option of providing an email so they can receive their results from Labware that way. Previously, it was by phone and tests were checked by the state lab.
And the first two hours of a testing at the University of Delaware STAR Campus is reserved for those connected with the University of Delaware. Its students move back into dorms Friday, although only 1,400 are. No one is sure how many students are moving back to town in off-campus housing.
All the tests are free. All are self-administered. You do not have to have any symptoms to be tested. The state says about 60 percent of those who test positive show no signs.
Gov. John Carney has encouraged everyone to be tested routinely, saying that people who test negative help bring the state’s rates down, which helps it stay off other state quarantine lists.
Health officials say to not worry if a test site says it is full online. Most sites expect lots of extra people to show up and are prepared for that.
The Wilmington tests, which use the saliva test technique, are:
- Wednesday, Aug. 26: Frawley Stadium (North parking lot), Frawley Road and Shipyard Drive, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Drive-thru/walk-up) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
Judy Johnson Park, West 3rd and North DuPont streets, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Walk-up only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Thursday, Aug. 27: East Side Charter School, 3000 North Claymont Street, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Walk-up only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Friday, Aug. 28: Father Tucker Park, 9th and Lincoln streets, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Walk-up only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Saturday, Aug. 29: Congo Funeral Home parking lot, 2401 North Market Street, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Walk-up only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
To learn more about location changes due to inclement weather, please call 302.395.5659.
If you want to be tested at Walgreens, which uses a nasal swab, these are the sites:
Participating Walgreens locations currently include:
- New Castle County – Walgreens, 700 S. Ridge Ave., Middletown 19709
- Kent County – Walgreens, 1215 S. State St., Dover 19901
- Sussex County – Walgreens, 9202 Commercial Centre Drive, Bridgeville 19933
Testing begins at 9:30 a.m. Friday at the University of Delaware STAR Campus 540 S College Ave, Newark. The first two hours are reserved for those connected with the University of Delaware.
Those being tested will park and walk inside to use the saliva-based test. Registration at delaware.curativeinc.com is recommended.
This is where to find additional testing sites in New Castle County.
This is where to find additional testing sites around the state of Delaware.