A dozen roads mostly in northwestern New Castle County, but also elsewhere in the county, remain closed until further notice, following Friday’s dramatic storms.
One road – Thompsons Bridge Road between Montchanin and Woodlawn roads – is closed because of a sinkhole that appeared on the road’s edge next to a small bridge. Thompsons Bridge Road is also closed at Ramsey Road because of debris.
Wires must be cleared first by utility companies before the Delaware Department of Transportation can remove the trees, rocks, poles and other debris that litter the roads.
The following roads are closed, DelDOT says:
- Beeson Avenue at Hillcrest Avenue, Bellefonte.
- Cedar Lane between Marl Pit and Boyds Corner roads, Middletown.
- Centerville Road between Hillside and Barley Mill roads.
- Creek Road at Mt. Cuba Road.
- Creek Road at Ashland Clinton School Road.
- Eagles Nest Landing Road between Gum Bush and Deer Run roads, Townsend.
- Marl Pit Road at Brick Mill Road, Middletown.
- Marsh Road at Chestnut Street, Brandywine Hundred.
- Old Lancaster Pike between Brackenville Road and Wyeth Way.
- Old Wilmington Road at Willowbend Court.
- Sharpless Road between Creek Road and Old Wilmington Road.
- Southwood Road between Del. 7 and Valley Road.
- And Airport Road near Nonesuch Creek, near New Castle, is closed due to flooding until further notice.