The city of Wilmington, New Castle County and state of Delaware are providing free testing for COVID-19 at a variety of sites this week.
Most are saliva-based tests requiring the person who is having the test to swab his or her own mouth.
The process is quick and painless. Results are available in about 72 hours.
If you need a test, do not hesitate to go, even if registration says the event is full. The organizers expect a lot of people to come who have not registered and are prepared for those seeking tests.
There are the sites:
- Monday: Walk up only. Herman Holloway Sr. Park, East 7th and North Lombard streets, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Walk up only. Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Wednesday, July 29: Drive-thru. Frawley Stadium (North Parking Lot), Frawley Road and Shipyard Drive, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Wednesday, July 29: Walk up only. Father Tucker Park, 9th and Lincoln streets, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Thursday, July 30: By appointment only. Latin American Community Center, 301 North Harrison Street, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Call 302-320-6439.
- Friday, July 31: Walk up only. Woodlawn Library, 2020 West 9th Street, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
This is where to find additional testing sites in New Castle County.
This is where to find additional testing sites around the state of Delaware.