Changes are coming to DE.CO food hall, which is bringing fun and games and a new sandwich spot to the Wilmington eatery.
Stu and Sammy’s will open on Wednesday, January 22nd. As the name suggests, the fast casual restaurant will bring delicatessen-style soup and sandwiches to DECO, which opened this past spring in downtown Wilmington. The Verandah, which offered Indian street food, closed on Friday following the lunch hour.
Makers Alley Chef James Sparks will be the mastermind behind the hearty menu at Stu & Sammy’s, which will feature modern interpretations of classics like the French Dip and Cubano alongside crowd-pleasing soups.
Offering traditional with a twist, Stu & Sammy’s will add comfort food to the variety of cuisines available at DECO, which features James Beard nominated pizza from Pizzeria Bardea, Connie’s fried chicken and waffles, Vietnamese pho and subs from Phubs, Al Chu’s sushi rolls, acai bowls and fresh pressed juice and salads from Stripp’d, and pastries from Spark’d. The Burger Joint and Federale Tacos continue to share space at the pop up.
Ping pong and indoor cornhole will also soon be available inside DE.CO, which also has a vibrant happy hour scene at the atrium bar. Those looking for an element of competition can even register for adult ping pong and cornhole leagues at DECO through Delaware Sports Leagues.
DE.CO’s already offers a variety of programming, which is regularly updated through their newsletter, which folks can sign up for on their website. The current schedule is as follows:
- Sundays – $3 22oz Miller Lite during local televised sports
- Burgers & Brews special – For $13, you can get a burger from The Burger Joint and a free beer from the bar all day long
- Geeks Who Drink trivia night with chances to win DECO gift cards from 7-9 pm
- Tuesdays – Buy two tacos, get one free from The Burger Joint during Happy Hour from 3-7 pm
- Half off select bottles of wine from 6 pm to close
- $6 pizza from Pizzeria Bardea from 4-9 pm
- Thursdays – Free yoga class, courtesy of CoreTen Fitness, on the 2nd Thursday of the month
- Fridays – Bi-weekly Karaoke. The next date is January 24th
- Daily (including weekends)
- Happy Hour Food & Drink specials from 3-7 pm
- Late Night Happy Hour featuring $5 Titos and Taps from 8:30 PM to close
- Student discounts and deals at each of the stalls with valid college ID