Discover a magical winter wonderland at the Delaware Children’s Museum with the whole family during our first-ever Snowflake Festival on Sat., Dec 28th. This holiday fundraiser, which includes a specially constructed outdoor ice skating rink, will support the DCM’s Breaking Barriers Campaign (providing access options for all).
Explore our interactive exhibitions (including our *new* temporary exhibition, The Wizard of Oz), get your face painted, treat yourself to cookies, hot cocoa, and yummy food from the food carts, and experiment with hands-on activities that include:
- Ice fishing with salt and sugar as “bait”
- Creating marshmallow igloos
- Testing out the physics principles behind friction and inclined planes by racing ice cubes and different objects down a luge run
- Designing snowflake ornaments
- Making snow angels and snowball catapults in our huge snow pit
- Discovering the heat-conserving properties of blubber
- . . . and more!
At 7pm, experience a special performance of “The Nutcracker” by First State Ballet Theatre as both company and student dancers pirouette down our Grand Hallway.
But the biggest attraction of the night? An outdoor ice skating rink for those both young and old to enjoy! Lace up your ice skates and take a spin around the rink with your family and friends. (We’ll provide the skates, or you can bring your own!)