Leadership Delaware, which aims to provide training, mentoring and networking opportunities for rising young Delaware leaders, recently celebrated its 10thanniversary. More than 100 “Fellows,” Board Members and Advisory Board Members gathered at the home of Board Member Penny Saridakis and her husband Chris Saridakis in Greenville last month to mark the occasion.
Founded by Terry and Sandy Strine along with Gov. Pete du Pont in 2008, Leadership Delaware (LDI) recruits outstanding young Delawareans to prepare them with the knowledge, vision, and networks to significantly impact and transform their communities. The goal of the nonprofit is to help these young leaders excel at community, nonprofit, political, professional, and corporate leadership within the First State.
Fellow Shanté Hastings said, “LDI has given me the 4 C’s – the confidence and courage to lead in any situation, the connections to leaders in all sectors of our state, and the desire to collaborate with leaders to transform our community.” Hastings is the Director of Policy and Performance at Delaware Department of Transportation.
During the 10-month, intensive program, fellows meet and hear from over dozens of speakers, each prominent and accomplished Delaware leaders, who present on topics including the economy, healthcare, education, finance and banking, the non-profit sector and more.
At the reunion bash, Strine told the assembled members of the LDI family, “You, each of you, make us proud beyond mere words. Your integrity, your commitment to lead positive change in everything you do, your vision, you, yes, you are the future of Delaware.”
Since the program’s launch in Delaware, LDI has supported hundreds of young professionals who are making a difference in our community. Here’s a sampling of some of the proud Fellows:
• Ken Simpler, State of Delaware Treasurer
• Anthony Delcollo, State Senator
• LaKresha Roberts, current candidate for Delaware Attorney General
• Meredith Tweedie, Vice President, Government Affairs and Strategic Engagement – Christiana Care Health System
• Shante Hastings, Director of Policy and Performance – Delaware Department of Transportation
• Chris Perdue, Director of Inventory Management – Perdue Farms, Inc.
• Libbie Zimmer, Head of Lower School – Sanford School
• Mike Eppehimer, Chief Operating Officer, The Medical Group of Christiana Care – Christiana Care Health System
• Bianca Fraser-Johnson, Senior Vice President, Bank of America
• Joel Brown, Senior Director – Respiratory Care, Sleep Medicine, and Sterile Processing Services – Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
• Bryan Tracy, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer – White Dog Labs, Inc.
Strine is proud of all of the Fellows that have taken part in his program as well as the organization’s efforts to develop more and better young leaders of integrity across the state. “What an amazing 10 years it has been! Knowing how much you and we have accomplished in this first decade of our existence, can you imagine what you and those who follow you will accomplish in the decades ahead?”