Hoping to see the Pope when he comes to Philly in September? To get there by train from Wilmington, you’ll need to buy special $10 day passes.
Last week, SEPTA made the passes available online, and its website promptly crashed (and, you might’ve read about my disastrous attempts to buy some passes). After much waffling on how to distribute the tickets mayhem-free, SEPTA has finally announced it’s going with an online lottery for the 350,000 passes available to the public.
You can read all the details on SEPTA’s website, but here’s the important info:
- The lottery opens at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 3 and closes at 11:59 p.m. the same day.
- The hour you submit a lottery entry (for up to 10 tickets) has no bearing on your chances of getting tickets.
- Be sure to fill in all required fields, including station, date, time slot and quantity of tickets.
- Print a copy of the screen for your records.
- The first round of recipients will be announced Thursday, Aug. 6, by email.
- Check your email often, including your spam folder, because you’ll have a limited time to complete the ticket purchase.
- Each online purchase includes a shipping fee of $1.95.